Seeing Is Believing
When it comes to helping people connect an idea with an outcome, a picture is worth a thousand words. RTG’s visualization team bridges the gap using the most cutting-edge hardware and software to bring a project to life. Our expertise in Bentley’s OpenRoads modeling technology produces high quality 3D design models and visualizations for any project phase, from schematic design to final PS&E.
A 3D design model is more than an impressive image, it can play a vital role in helping a project become a reality. Design models can be used during client coordination meetings to provide status updates, meetings with utility providers to identify potential utility conflicts and resolutions, and to provide clarification for access concerns when meeting with impacted property owners during right-of-way acquisition. A fully animated 3D visualization can be used to illustrate the design intent to project stakeholders and as part of the public involvement process to help gain project support. Our in-house experts have created visualizations to show the finished product for complex, multi-level interchanges, as well as to provide options for preserving historic monuments in rural areas.
RTG’s 3D Design Modeling and Visualization Services, using OpenRoads, Include:
Roadway Design Modeling
- Initial configuration and system setup
- Setup Existing data: Setup and review exist data from multiple formats. This includes complex terrain models, raster images and Google earth information.
- Import existing geometry from legacy Geopak GPK files or create the geometry within the OpenRoads environment depending on the available data and client’s needs to create horizontal and vertical data.
- Template creation: Create project specific templates with a focus on tapping the templates ability to automate the creation of both the 2d and 3d design. Templates are developed in a manner that allows the designer to make changes to common aspects of the design that get reflected throughout the project to save time, effort and maintain consistency.
- Corridor Creation: Corridors are created using intelligent templates, customized feature definitions, linear templates that provide the detail required in today’s environment and civil cells that standardize and speed up the process of creating intersection and driveway details. From the corridors created using OpenRoads technology RTG is able to create preliminary schematics, Final PSE plans and 3D design visualizations which are effective for communicating design intent for public involvement and project coordination.
- Generate cross section, annotation and earthwork
- Develop proposed TIN and XSR report
- Model review
Design Visualization and Animation
- Bicycle/pedestrian facilities
- Signing and pavement markings
- Traffic control
- Cost estimating
- Design review
- Quality control/quality assurance